BlueBox Gaming Half-Life 2 Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citizens and clothing

3 posters

Go down

Citizens and clothing Empty Citizens and clothing

Post by Bates Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Now, I know that my opinion on the first point may cause alot of backlash from the community but it's a suggestion I wanted to raise.

The citizens, upon the Earths absorbtion into the UU, were given a 'standardized' uniform to denote their status - a blue/green shirt or overalls along with the cargopants for those in shirts and not overalls. I would like to suggest a possible shift towards this standardisation of Citizens to give a more immersive and authentic feeling, with the citizens all being 'one and the same' and having their identities and indepence effectively removed. (Ofcourse, the CWU members would keep their uniforms to denote their roles in the civilized society. Furthermore the TnB Megapack we utilize on the server offers a wide range of custom models that contain this criteria of the 'standardized' outfit the citizens wear).

Also, something that has been playing on my mind for a while is the question "Will the server ever see inventory clothing items such as is present on other servers?" (Once again they would be standardized but different outfits) - a purchasable entity giving the citizens something to work towards purchasing with their tokens and giving the currency a meaning, both for IC and OOC purposes: perhaps purchasing a jacket would mean your character is less affected by the rain, but OOCly it's purpose would be to set you apart ever so slightly from your fellow citizens.

As I said, I understand not everyone will be as wanting for this as I and I'm in no way wanting to pressurize anyone into my way of thinking, it's just a suggestion - I also understand the second part of my suggestion would be considerably harder to implement due to the required effort to undertake such a task.
Bates
Bates

Back to top Go down

Citizens and clothing Empty Re: Citizens and clothing

Post by MrAtomicDuck Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:22 pm

Alright, so I've had a few people come to me about this particular piece. Firstly, I'd like to say I do like the idea of standardization amongst citizens and them having to wear similar clothing and such. However, not everyone may feel the same about that. A lot of people like that sort of individual look.

In terms of clothing items, this will be a little harder to accomplish. Now, there are some addons for the standard HL2 citizen models, but that would mean no TnB. As well as this, there is also a pack known as "TS2" which effectively has around 12 citizen models on each gender with clothing items that can be given to each, however this again removes a wide range of models. I'd like to get some people's opinions on this, as I am leaning toward TS2 however then, again, that removes a lot of people's models.
MrAtomicDuck
MrAtomicDuck
Admin

https://bboxgaming.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRavenousWyzen Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:57 pm

I would support the decrease in models, to the extent of at least some variation that would make sense as Bates stated. It would leave still a large number of models to chose from, even with the original models included. I would support this idea.
TheRavenousWyzen
TheRavenousWyzen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bates Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:32 pm

In my opinion, the TnB pack is built to make the female characters look attractive (due to an obsession I can only assume stemming from Dave Brown and the ERP that occurs on their servers) - They don't really fit the 'oppressed' theme of HL2:RP when they all look like super models, as is evident in the recent descriptions of female characters that have been popping up.
Bates
Bates

Back to top Go down

Post by MrAtomicDuck Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:33 pm

I agree. I'd like to get more of a survey from the players though. I'll try to get opinions from people.
MrAtomicDuck
MrAtomicDuck
Admin

https://bboxgaming.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum